* Is it easy to locate the venue?
* Is it a high traffic location?
* How many cars will fit in the parking lot? Is there street parking in the area?
* Is there a sound system? Is it adequate for an auction (ask your auctioneer this)? Is there an additional charge to use it? Will someone be on hand the night of the event for any sound issues?
* Is there internet access you can use? Can you access it wirelessly? If not, will they allow you to run an ethernet cable to the place you want to set up check-in?
* What is the availability and location of loading area?
* Can you control access to the main event space to make sure all guests are registered?
* Is there enough lighting (especially at the registration and check-out areas)? Can you easily control the lighting?
* How many – and what size/style – chairs and tables do they have for you to use?
* If you need more tables can the venue arrange rental?
* Are there storage areas and policies – will you be able to put boxes out of the way during the actual event, and can you leave large items overnight for pick up the next day?
* Does the ambiance fit with any theme you have already selected? (for example, if you’re planning a western theme, how will it work in a Victorian mansion)
* How many restrooms are there? Where are they?
* What are the rules about decorations (taping, stapling, etc.)?
* Are there height restrictions for installations?
* If event is over a couple days can you leave installations in place?
* What kind of security if any is provided (day and night)?
* Do I need to get an event permit? If so what permits will I need?
Food and Beverage:
* If you’re considering a cash bar: bartender cost and minimum hours, cashier charges, drink prices
* Costs of tax, service charge and/or gratuities
* Can you lock in the catering price at the time of contract?
* Food guarantee policies, is a guarantee required, and how many meals/desserts will be prepared beyond the guarantee?
* If you are required to choose from a list of preferred caterers, get that list
* Can you use a caterer not on their list?
* If you are restricted to one catering option get a copy of the menu with prices and ask:
* Is all table service equipment included in the cost?
* Will you able to taste the food before you commit?
* How many bars will be set up?
* Is the staff friendly and helpful?
* How much time will you have for move-in, set-up, tear-down and move-out – and what is the cost if you need more time?
* Do they have sample floor plans, preferably for a similar size event?
* What are your clean up responsibilities?
Event Permit Experts is comprised of a team of event permit professionals with the single goal of helping agencies and brands obtain event permits for their special event productions. We have over 20 years of experience working with the decision makers at municipalities across the country. We work hard at building these relationships in order to help our clients execute flawless and legally compliant special events. The event permitting process can often be a daunting and confusing process for many so we’re here to make it easy and offer a turnkey resource to handle this aspect of event production for our customers. NEED HELP WITH YOUR EVENT PERMITS? Click here to get a Free Event Permit Quote today.